Saturday, December 29, 2012

Fall Look: Leopard Print, Stripes, & Sequins | HairStyle: FlatTwist n' HairClip

FALL LOOK

Leopard Print, Stripes, & Sequins | Fall Look

Leopard Print, Stripes, & Sequins | Fall Look by tamz-lavender 

A look I styled a few days ago on Polyvore
Liked it so much I had to blog it!

First this look has print mixing (stripes & leopard print).
Second is texture mixing (knit, pleated chiffon, & sequins).
Third {my fav part} are these style elements; the horizontal lines (stripes) 
in the sweater relates to the vertical lines that the pleats create.
This relation also balances the look! The skirts pleats are long, vertical 
lines that keep the eyes moving and help create the illusion of length.
Then I just added some tassel accessories {because I luv it!} and
it ties into the whole vertical lines thing. The long tassel necklace pairs
perfectly with this look too, because it breaks up the horizontal
lines of the sweater to cause the eyes to move up and down 
the figure versus across, which can sometimes trick the eyes
and make the figure appear wider.
{I styled a look like this in real life and have been trying to recreate it on polyvore for 
some time now. I could just never find the right pieces.} 

Playing around with design elements like patterns and texture, when
styling your look, could result in a unique and stylish outfit!
Have fun with your wardrobe!

_____________________________________

HAIR STYLE

Flat-Twist, Head-Scarf & Clip

A simple hairstyle, for a "I don't really feel like doin' my hair right now" day!
I did a big, fat braid out (didn't feel like doin' a bunch of small
or medium braids). Took the braids out the next day, wanted 
to do something more to it, parted the front and made a 
big, fat flat-twist! Next I put a scarf on it (funny story: the scarf was 
a waist sash I made in college for a ridiculously small dress form;
it fit my head, not my waist !). Then I just put up the rest of my hair with
a hair clip. A cute simple style!

Find more Natural Hair Styles Here: Hair Stylez


  ♡ 

Thanks for Viewing!
Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment